The core of our strategy is our foundational scriptures. These have been with us since the beginning and they guide us in how we operate as an organization, as a staff, and as people.
1 John 3:16-18 (NIV)
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
(v18 from the Message): 18 My dear children, let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love.
Luke 3:11 (NIV)
11 John answered, “The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same.”
James 2:15-17 (NIV)
15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Prov 3:27-28 (The Message)
27 Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Don’t tell your neighbor “Maybe some other time” or “Try me tomorrow” when the money’s right there in your pocket.
Acts 20:35 (NIV)
35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’
Eze 16:49 (NIV)
49 Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, 8 the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous. 9 The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.
Our purpose, our mission, our reason for existence, can be summed up with this statement. To get a closer look, see the specific word definitions below.
We’re on an adventure to bring hope and dignity to the most disadvantaged people in the world.
Hope is found in Jesus Christ, who we share with the world through actions and words.
Dignity is the principle that human beings are created in the image of God and thus are worthy of respect.
The Disadvantaged are individuals/families who are living in extreme poverty (defined by the United Nations as all people living on an average of US $1.90 per day), OR who have inconsistent/insufficient income for or access to adequate nutrition, clothing, education, healthcare, or shelter.
The Hope Venture projects are characterized by the following methods. In order for a partnership/project to begin or operate it must meet these requirements.
- We will do every project with a trusted partner. See the Trusted Partner Checklist.
- There will be cooperation with the trusted partner in the Direction and Execution of the project.
- A Project Plan will be created together.
- Decisions were made with agreement between partners.
- No part of Project Plan is still in disagreement.
- Multiple emails, phone calls, and/or conversations will occur regularly.
- HV Staff will ask God for direction about the project.
- We will be responsive to all stakeholders (partners, leaders, donors, recipients, etc).
- Strategies/routes for this will be agreed upon by trusted partner to ensure their feasibility and potential to work within the cultural setting of participants.
- Documentation on the region/community’s awareness/acceptance of project is included in Project Plan.
- The Strategic aim of The Hope Venture is to work with trusted partners among extreme poverty to bring hope and dignity to the most disadvantaged people in the world.
- This Project Strategy Document necessitates accomplishing that within our project framework and methods. Simply put, there must be a clear, defined need (which fits within the definition of disadvantaged) and a solution to that need.
- Our project participants will be lifted up/empowered.
- Baseline information & later evaluation will be documented to measure participants’ empowerment.
- Project End states clearly how participants will be lifted up/empowered.
- We will work with locals.
- Local community members will be identified and will be depended on to execute the project according to the trusted partner’s leadership.
- Documentation on the region/community’s awareness/acceptance of the project is included in Project Plan.
- Local residents (village chiefs, local Gov. officials, families, community members) were asked by the trusted partner whether or not they want the project and if they have any ideas about the project.
- Local opinions were written down and shared with HV Staff.
- We will work hard to check capacity before and during project execution.
- Both organizations will fill out the HV Capacity Checklist.
- We will comply with IRS filing requirements but also work to manage our projects well internally for clarity, measurement, evaluation and transparency.
- MOU will be completed.
- Project Plan will be created.
- Project Summary will be updated Quarterly.
- We will measure our projects.
- Reporting Requirements are agreed upon and have been co-created.
- These requirements include how income and expenses will be tracked, how project progress & methods will be tracked, and photography requirements.
- We will evaluate our projects.
- Reporting Requirements, Timeline, and End are agreed upon and included in Project Plan.
- Project is subject to discontinuation based upon evaluation.
- Criteria for discontinuation is stated in MOU.
- Project is summarized on the website quarterly, including:
- Income & Expense
- % of funds donated that went directly to project
- Any oddities explained
- Project is summarized annually on the website in an annual report.
All of our projects fit into this type-based structure, with education and health being our primary focus. Click on education or health to view projects in those types.